The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Monday, February 21, 2005

Kelan ka ba talaga mag-aasawa?

"Tita Yon, Kelan ka ba talaga mag-aasawa?"

The burning question my sister and the rest of humanity have been asking me. I always tell them, "Matagal pa. Mga two years pa siguro. Di naman kami nagmamadali eh. Tsaka bata pa kami no." This time, I have a better answer, "June 10, 2006. "

February 18 changed my life. After arriving from a reunion with our elementary friends. Joven asked me the question, "Brad, will you marry me?" I thought my heart will fail me because it stopped beating while he was holding my hand. But I managed with "Hindi Brad pangalan ko no." He then repeated, "Dionne Marga M. Morales, will you marry me?" I don't need a second question... I looked into the eyes of my future husband and said "Yes."

The ring came a day late. Apparently, that was not supposed to be the moment but the moment was supposed to be a week after. We purchased the ring at a jewelry shop and got a blessing from a mother & daughter who was also buying jewelries. It was an embarrassing encounter but quite a funny one.

The time to tell my parents came next. Just the thought of it makes Joven sweat. My mom told him to tell my dad. Calling from the states, he gave us his blessing. I cried, my dad cried, Joven cried. That moment I will not exchange for anything. =)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2/21/2005 4:26 PM, Blogger Yax said...

awwwww....

waaaaah!!! naiiyak na naman ako!

congratulations again!!! :D

 
At 3/04/2005 2:02 PM, Blogger gra said...

congratulations! and happy preps from your fellow w@wie - grace & oliver, 18 feb 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home