The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Wedding Kwento

The wedding’s been over a week… whew! Now, the M-life begins. =D

I’m currently at home and swamped with a LOT of things to blog. So here goes…


June 9

Joven blogged about him leaving me and my parents at the hotel. He didn’t mention about us strolling along baywalk and finding a place to eat dinner. We, including my parents, ended up at Aristocrat. Hehe. It was a nice and quiet dinner. I was busy with a lot of text messages from well wishers (thanks guys!) but I was also weirdly emotional that night. We were having a light conversation when my dad started giving us advices on married life. I didn’t know the relevance of those tears that kept on falling from my eyes. Weird but I’ve never been so emotional before.

We figured that it would be better if my sisters also slept at the hotel so that they won’t have any hassles in coming over the following day. Tet, our couturier, also texted me that she’ll arrive a little over 8pm to deliver the dresses. So while we waited for them, I had a hot bubble bath.

Tet arrived with her mannequin, entourage dresses and my gown. I asked her to set it up near the bed. I couldn’t believe that it was the same dress I fitted when I was in her shop. I love the beadwork. It wasn’t as grand as the other bridal gowns I saw but for me it was perfect! I couldn’t help but look at it from all angles! Haha!

My sisters and 4-year-old-nephew arrived next. When my sisters got in, they immediately saw the dress and admired it. My nephew on the other hand was in the receiving room with his lolo. When he got in the bedroom, he started playing with whatever it is he can get his hands on. After a while, he started crying. He said that he wanted to go home and he doesn’t want to sleep in the hotel. We tried to pacify him by telling him that there were nice city lights outside that he can see from the window. As he was about to go to the window near the mannequin, he stepped back and eventually ran back to his mom. Apparently, he was scared of the headless mannequin wearing a white dress with a white veil! Hahaha! When I looked at it again, it was indeed scary! We resolved the matter by closing the bedroom and making him sleep in the receiving room. =D


June 10

The big day!

I wasn’t able to sleep! I don’t know if it was because of anxiety or it was because of my parents’ exchange of snores (Hihi!). I woke up and had a hot chocolate and a few slices of bread for breakfast.

At around 8am, the doorbell was ringing. I thought that it was just someone from the hotel but it turned out that it was the hairstylist. Nyaiks! I haven’t bathed yet. I checked my schedule, they were supposed to arrive at 9:30. It just so happened that she was early. After taking a bath, she proceeded to fix my hair. Soon after, Ara, my make-up artist, arrived with her assistant, Elaine. After 30 minutes of fixing my hair, she was done! That was quick. Ara began to prettify me. She was scolding me for not sleeping. She had to hide the dark bags under my eyes and put eye drops to get rid of red eyes. Nuninu. While Ara was working on me, the Impromptu girls (our coordinators) arrived. They began working immediately. Ara was already done with my make-up when the Threelogy boys (videographers) arrived. Fol and his team (photographers) arrived a bit late. But all of them worked immediately when they arrived.

I knew that there were some glitches but the Impromptu girls kept it away from me and fixed it among themselves. Whew! Interplay (florist) came late. Good thing the bouquet arrived just in time for the pictorials. I was getting more and more tensed that when they asked me to pose for pictures, I cannot easily smile. Good thing Threelogy, Fol and his team have good rapport. They kept on making me laugh. They really know their jobs well. They made things easier for me. I couldn’t help but laugh at their conversations. While doing the pictorial, Alaiza from Impromptu informed me that I have to get dressed. Tet was back and was ready to dress me up.

Fol and Threelogy left the bedroom while Tet zipped me up. Good thing the gown fit! Hehe. They came back in time for my accessories and veil.

I was told that Joven left for the church already. Segue: We have adjoining rooms but it’s a custom in the Philippines for the bride & groom not to see each other during the wedding day (only at the altar) and for the groom to arrive at the church first.

After getting dressed, I was ushered by the photographers to the 2nd floor of the hotel. We had another series of pictorials. Alaiza was bugging them to end it already since we will be late for church.

Together with my parents in the bridal car, we traveled with ease (thanks to the bridal car’s siren… yes… it was like a police car!) and arrived at our destination early. I was left alone in the bridal car with some guests asking to take my photo. I also learned that half of the entourage, including my two sisters, was still missing. The van left the hotel without them. Argh! Good thing they arrived just in time! Yey!

The church coordinator asked me to alight the bridal car. My heart was already pounding. I still couldn’t explain my emotions until now and I do not wish to justify them. =D The coordinator was right beside me. They fixed my veil, warned me not to step on so and so, and cued me when I should start walking. My parents walked ahead of me. The coordinators closed the door. My knees are getting weaker and I’m suddenly not sure if I can still walk. I heard the first few notes of “You Raised Me Up” and I felt like crying. I tried to breathe deep so as to avoid the tears.

As I stepped up the chapel stairs, the door swung open. I feel all eyes at me. I tried to see straight. I felt my dad’s hand on my elbow and my mom on my side. I cannot even look at them. I looked around. I saw some people wiping their tears. Then I heard my sister say “Smile, smile.” I tried to. I don’t even remember if I did smile. Next thing I know, I was beside Joven walking up the altar. I forgot to kiss my mom and dad! =(

The mass started and ended with us sweating! The church did not open the aircon long enough to cool the church. =( Anyway, the celebrator was Fr. Gutierrez. He was the one who conducted our canonical interview. At least he knows how to pronounce my name. Whew! He has problems pronouncing Joven’s though. Hehe.

In the middle of the ceremony, Joven and I would look at each other and whisper I love you’s. We would often hold hands and check on how the other is doing. Being beside Joven washed all the uneasiness away. I could smile easily; I begin to really understand what’s going on. =D

The mass ended with Fr. Gutierrez cueing us for the kiss. I remember some weddings I attended where the priest didn’t even bother to cue the couple to kiss, good thing he did. =) Joven took off my veil and gave me a soft kiss. He then hugged me tightly.

After the church pictorial, we were greeted with poppers, rose petals, hugs and kisses outside the church. We were whisked by the bridal car… to the university gym! Fol talked to the coach of the high school varsity basketball team for a pictorial with them. The pictorial was FUN! The boys were soo game and they love the camera! They kept on posing! The pictorial ended with the boys calling me Tita! Hehe!

Next stop for the pictorial was the Arch of the Centuries (it’s the most prominent icon of UST). I didn’t realize that the poses we’re doing would be as great as the photos Fol showed us after. =)

We arrived at the reception and headed to the second floor. The idea was to go down to the two staircases and meet in the middle. Arte! Haha! We waited for the coordinators’ cue and made our grand entrance. =)

After my sister’s thanksgiving prayer, we had our father-daughter/mother-son dance. I cried... again. I’m such a crybaby. =P After dancing with my father, time for our first dance. Joven and I rehearsed this dance three times. So the dance looked like it was rehearsed three times. =D

After the cake cutting ceremony (which I almost died choking.. kidding Brad!) came the best man’s toast. Benj gave a nice toast… describing Joven in his eyes, reminiscing their BenJoven days, and giving me his approval. (Thanks Benj!) =)

One of the things we did to liven up the reception was the Model-Kiss game. Married couples are to model a kiss that we would imitate. Funny! One kiss actually shocked me! =D

There were three AVPs shown during our wedding (di naman overload noh!). One was the Photo AVP from Threelogy, the moving pictures from Fol and the Onsite AVP by Threelogy again. Nice! Ang gagaling! Grabe! =)

Later, the unmarried couples were asked to participate in the quiz show we came up with. This is in lieu of the most dreaded bouquet and garter toss. =P After three questions, Benj and Beej won! No, it wasn’t rigged… THEY answered the questions! Hahaha!

Next were the speeches. Nanay (Joven’s mom) gave a short speech... thanking the guests for sharing the special day with us. My dad gave his heartfelt speech (almost cried again!). He cited a short story about me, how he thinks we’ll fare in this M-life, how to look back on that day we worked as a team, and how proud he was of me… of us. *sigh*

It was our turn to do one. I worked on this a day before and gave Joven a copy. He made the speech. Hehe! =D

It’s party time! Joven and I practiced a swing dance (three times again) and asked our hosts, Dulce and Ryan, to sing the kick-off song for us. Midway through our dance, nobody was joining us (I think they were busy watching us instead) I told Joven to get somebody to dance while I walked across the room and grabbed Christophe for a dance. =D

After the party, guests slowly came up to us to say goodbye, their comments about the wedding (which were all positive… Syempre! Haha!) and to have pictures with us. Fol and his team never left our side. They gamely took photos of all of the guests until none was left. =)

After the leftovers were packed, the photo magnet souvenirs were exhausted, the band, photographers, videographers, and coordinators left, we headed to the hotel. I was dead tired but extremely happy on how the BIG DAY turned out! =)


First Night

Of course I wouldn’t blog about this! =P

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 6/21/2006 5:44 AM, Blogger QT said...

thanks for the ran down of events during your wedding. it felt like i was actually there. now im dreading it! hahaha! joke! take care =p

 
At 6/21/2006 8:33 AM, Blogger Mai said...

hay i know the feeling of your bridal march..as I also had You Raise Me Up for my march..i don't know what's with the song that makes the march scene so emotional noh? kainez...first notes and intro pa lang, tearjerker talaga. Lalo na pag nakita mo na your dad and your man waiting for you.

And I thought di nag-aallow ang UST parish ng close door effect and untraditional bridal march song kaya we didn't consider it before. Sayang..sana dun din kami..alma mater hehe!

 
At 6/21/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Yax said...

anuva!!! eh yung first night kwento nga ang inaabangan ko eh! cge, sa opis na lang ha... intay mo ko pagbalik ko... hihihihi!!!

seriously though, jon n i are really sooo happy for u. And we love the wedding! I particularly love the pictures, and i can't wait for the wedding video screening sa opis ;) hehehe. c u soon!!!

 
At 6/21/2006 10:05 PM, Blogger dionne said...

hi che! naku! kala mo lang matagal pa wedding mo? lapit na! hahaha! manakot daw ba. but it's a totally different experience, kahit anong imagine ko nun.. iba pa rin. =) can't wait for yours. =D

dulz, panget pakinggan. hahaha! video ko tas kalat natin sa internet. =P

hi mai! ibang level no? kakaiyak talaga. di bale sa renewals na lang kayo sa ust. after a year. hehe!

hi yax! oist! sobra ka na sa bakasyon. anong bontis bontis? haha! thanks thanks for loving the wedding. ako din love ko yung wedding. hehe! pero i'm glad you enjoyed yourselves kahit nakita ko na naglalaway ka pa din. =P

 
At 6/22/2006 3:57 AM, Blogger weng said...

you're a very beautiful bride dionne! congratulations to you and joven! :)

God bless!

 
At 6/22/2006 10:07 AM, Blogger Rainier & Katrina said...

hi Dionne! I was teary-eyed when i was reading the story about your D_DAY! Grabe! parang feeling ko nandun ako..hehehe! Congratulations again & best wishes! Take care

 
At 6/22/2006 11:12 AM, Blogger Lea L. Atacador said...

Hi Dionne! Congratualtions!! I guess you're still in the wedding mood. ;) Have a great life ahead together.. pls link me up in my new blog http://leafrancis.blogspot.com
see you there!! :)

 
At 6/22/2006 2:16 PM, Blogger dionne said...

hi weng! thanks thanks! =)

hi katrina! december's a stone throw away. malapit ka na din. =D

hi lea! nice to hear from you again! will link you up. thanks! =)

 
At 6/23/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger benj said...

dionne, best wishes and good luck. ;) and thanks for the GC... and the CD. :) later na yung MP3s ha, jovs. ;)

 
At 6/23/2006 7:53 PM, Blogger dionne said...

thanks din benj! =) prepared na prepared sa speech. =D

 
At 6/26/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger Mec said...

congrats sister... all the months of planning and budgeting paid off... now you can really concentrate on each other and building a happy life together :)

 
At 6/27/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger dionne said...

hi mec! thanks! you're right, we can now focus on other things. nakahinga na ng maluwag. =)

 
At 6/27/2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Beej said...

hi dioven!

we just wanted the GC's! ;)

but seriously, congrats & best wishes.

-Beej & Benj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home