The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Monday, June 05, 2006

Pamamanhikan

Exactly a week before the wedding, we had the pamamanhikan. We wanted to have the pamamanhikan once Daddy arrives. But because we weren’t sure if Daddy will be arriving before the 27th, we postponed it to June 3.

Joven told me that 10 people will be arriving for the pamamanhikan, him included. He said that they’ll be bringing 3 dishes for dinner.

On the day of the pamamanhikan, my dad cooked his specialty, paella. My mom also made leche flan. My sisters arrived from Pasig and helped us prepare for the event.

A little over 6pm, they arrived. I was the one who opened the door and welcomed them. I was shocked! Almost all of the Larin clan was present! Not only that, all of them are carrying a dish or two. Whoa! Parang fiesta!



I even got a bouquet of roses & calla lilies! Yey!



After dinner and kwentuhan, Joven and I "toured" his titas to our room upstairs. =D Napasarap kami sa kwentuhan which made my dad wonder what we're up to. Hehe!

Thanks the Larin family for welcoming me and my family into yours. Thanks to my family too, for making my new family feel welcome. =)

Scenes from the pamamanhikan:


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gOsh...lapit na! can't wait.. can't wait...heheheh as if ako ikakasal..ano ba yan?! hihih

 
At 6/07/2006 10:32 PM, Blogger dionne said...

hi pobs, theresa & dulz!

i feel so blessed talaga. =) excited na din ako sa wedding. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home