The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Friday, October 13, 2006

Senti

Last night, before going to sleep, it begun to sink upon me that today was going to be my last day at PBG. It's been almost three years, the longest I've ever stayed with a company.

Wow. It has been a long time.

I used to be a job-hopper, as much as I don't like it. One time, when I told my boss about a job offer which I'm thinking about, I also told him that I don't really a reason for leaving. It's just the salary being offered. What did management do? They matched it (and more)! Much to my delight. And that was just on the first year.

I sure am going to miss a lot by leaving. Here are some of them:
  1. Laptop - It'll be the first time in so long that I won't have one by the bed. I will be getting one when I join the company. It's just that I won't have one this weekend.
  2. Food - Whenever there's a birthday or promotion or a new employee gets his/her first salary, people would tease that person to pauga. I have no idea where that term came from, I just stay for the food.
  3. Downloads - Rates of almost 300kbps. Enough said.
  4. Petiks - This is the most relaxed environment that I've worked with. Deadlines? Bah! Pressure? What's that!? Heck, I even had time to go out on dates... Hehe.
  5. People - Being with the same group (for the IT team mostly; call center people come and go quickly that we sometimes never get to learn their names) for that long endears them to you and you to them.
By Monday, I'll be joining a new/old company. Old, because my boss is a previous employer. I already know most of the people there. New, because we will be establishing a new company of which I am hoping to be a major contributor. It's risky I know. But, as my very supportive wife has been telling me, it's an opportunity that's very hard to pass up on. There will be people who'll help me so I need not be worried of being in the dark. Let's see where this leads me.

Going back to last night. Before going to bed, I set up my laptop for an all-night download spree. All torrents set at "Forced Downloading". This was the last night that I'll be using it so I better abuse make the most of it.

And then I slept.

4:50 AM, I wake up, go to the bathroom. When I looked at the laptop, it's displaying a different screensaver...

And when I disabled the screensaver, it displayed the Logon screen!

What happened? What about my downloads??

I logged on to check what happened. Only one file was completed. Tough luck. Then, Windows displays a balloon, with a message like "Security patch was applied. Automatic restart was required."

Just great. Thanks Windows. Hmp!

But I digress. In a few moments, I'll be walking out of here. Thanks PBG. *sniff*

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodluck with the new job Joven :D

Aggie

 
At 10/16/2006 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodluck on your new job jovs!
With people like you on the team, I'm sure the company will become successful. ^^ partner kana? ^^

 
At 10/16/2006 9:50 PM, Blogger joven said...

thanks aggie and stephen! =)

not really a partner, stephen... i'll explain further when it's in full swing already. ;)

 
At 10/17/2006 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

three years?!? wow! who would have known? hehehe. naks, GM na ba? (tinanggap mo na finally?)

-richie

 
At 10/19/2006 7:37 AM, Blogger joven said...

richie: secret. =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home