The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Monday, July 17, 2006

Bridal Shower 2

Of course not mine. =P

For the past two weeks my officemates and I planned a secret bridal shower for our officemate and friend, Lea. Lea's to tie the knot on the 29th.

We (Dhang, Irish, Ara and I) bought gifts a week before the event and we were "inspired" by the book Ara bought for Lea. We made our own souvenirs (bookmarks) and prizes (alarm clocks - we changed the face of the clock). I won't post pics here baka ma-ban yung blog eh. Hehe!

Since Lea goes home early (she lives quite far), we asked her fiancé, Dennis, if he can come over and bring a bouquet for Lea on the day of the shower (which of course was a secret). Dennis came in quite early for the event. The shower was to begin at 530p, he arrived an hour early. We had no option but to lock him in the MIS room. =D

There were a number of times Lea almost caught us. Lea told me that she got a hint that something was up because I arrived late for work (which seldom happens) and I brought the signature frame I was to give her for her wedding (meaning Dennis will pick her up, but Dennis "declined" when she asked him). Dennis almost gave the secret away. Also, I explicitly told everyone I was going home (but I was headed to the training room where the shower will be held) but after a few minutes Lea saw Joven coming in to pick me up. =P

I was responsible for the games and to host the event. Sayang I wasn't able to join the games. =( But since I was the host, I made sure I'll take home a prize. =P I prepared 5 games for them. Some of the games came from my own bridal shower. The tissue & stick thingy, the tissue bridal gown, and the couple's getting-to-know-you questions.

I added the kiss-the-groom and donut-licking games. In the kiss-the-groom we "stole" Dennis' picture, scanned it and printed a larger image of it. The idea's similar to pin-the-tail game. I asked the ladies to put on very rouge lipstick. Blindfolded them and asked them to kiss the photo. The one who kissed closest to Dennis' lips wins. In the donut-licking game, we bought donuts with frosting on top. The single ladies in the room was asked to lick clean (no biting) the donuts sans the use of their hands. After licking clean the donut, they have to lift it up using their tongue. Hilarious! All of them enjoyed the games. Hehe! It ususally takes them a few minutes to "recover" from it. =D

Since Ara bought her magic sing, the party ended with people dancing and singing their hearts out. FUN!

Lea and Dennis, the couple


Some incriminating photos =P


Unfortunately, I forgot to bring our digicam. The shots were taken using Joven's mobile phone. No shots of the games because Joven and Dennis were only allowed in the room after the games. =D

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7/18/2006 7:53 AM, Blogger joven said...

sayang, di nyo ako pinasama agad. 2 sana naging "dancers" nyo. =P

 
At 7/18/2006 9:43 AM, Blogger Mec said...

:)

ang sweet nyo namang friends... ako walang bridal shower from anyone at all :D nag-o-offer na nga akong magdala ng gifts pero wala! ahehe...

 
At 7/18/2006 8:54 PM, Blogger chuching said...

parang ang saya naman ng shower party. i never had an actual bridal shower kasi mejo tight ang schedule since 2wks before the wedding lang kame nakauwi. but our friends here made sure na meron naman konting games and inuman.

your friend is lucky to have you, ang sweet ng ginawa niyo for her :)

 
At 7/19/2006 8:18 AM, Blogger dionne said...

dancers? ayaw mo naman sumayaw eh. =P

hi mec and gracita! thanks! =) i guess hangover pa rin ng wedpreps kaya plan to the max kami. hehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home