The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One Month

Being married to Joven, I have discovered a number of things…
  • I can cook. I’m not superb but I’m not a disaster either.
  • Supermarkets can be fun too. I discover things I haven’t seen before. You know... the ones you use for cooking. =P
  • I can handle breakfasts and lunches. Even sandwiches in between. It's been three weeks! Woohoo!
  • It takes me approximately two weeks to adjust with a malikot sleeper beside me. But I’m well adjusted na. Kahit magpaikot ikot pa sya. Basta wala lang cow-talk.
  • My husband is very appreciative of what I do for him. I get wonderful text messages when he’s on his way to work.
  • Joven’s somewhat like my almost-five-year-old nephew: He says “I love you” when cooked a delicious meal.
  • It’s hard to keep one’s eyes open during work. So sleepy at times from the 5AM alarm (I'm not complaining ah). But at least coffee still works for me. =)
  • Changing one’s name is not a breeze. I filled up more than a dozen of pages of paperwork and I’m still not done with it.
  • I need to be in better shape. I’m enthusiastic about the upcoming yoga and swimming lessons. Sad that we can’t play badminton because of schedule conflict. Well, maybe we can insert that someday.
  • We need a kasambahay. We got one… yesterday. Yay!
  • I need to be more organized. Know where to put things and not lose them. I lost Joven’s SM Advantage Card with a lot of points in it. Huhu! Buti na lang it can be recovered pa. Whew!
  • I just might be able to finish the novel I’m reading in two months. Maya Angelou's book (very interesting!) but I can’t seem to finish it.
  • I have tons of books to read from the bridal registry in Powerbooks. But I still have to find time to cover them with plastic before I read them. OC!
  • We seem to have not enough space for the gifts we got from the wedding. The cabinets are not big enough. =P
  • I’m starting to get unaffected by the are-you-pregnant-yet question. I have a standard answer for this. One year pa po.
  • I’m always amused by the kamusta-buhay-may asawa question. I think those who were married 40+ years ago can give you a better answer.
  • Married life is fun! But you’re also faced with countless bills. But an occasional pair of shoes or dress would not hurt. Hehe!
  • Getting a dress gives me a certain high. Especially if it costs “50 pesos.” Haha!
  • It’s nice to cuddle at night. Bliss.
  • The possibilities in life are endless. Joven and I discussed things we wanted to do in the future and near future. Swimming lessons, study French, driving lessons, yoga, AIM for Joven, kid/s, badminton, programming for me, shift in careers/jobs, etc… hopefully we’d get to do these things and more.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 9:13 AM, Blogger joven said...

isa pa... we misjudged the size of the cabinet/tv rack. only a slim plasma tv/lcd would fit!

ipon uli... hehe. =)

teka, malikot ba talaga ako??

 
At 7/11/2006 12:22 PM, Blogger benj said...

dionne, are you pregnant yet? ;)

 
At 7/11/2006 8:35 PM, Blogger QT said...

yes, that's the bliss of wedded life. daming added responsibilities, it's the real thing, not bahay bahayan anymore. not to mention the ocassional arguments. and sinabi mo pa, ang bills! but at the end of the day, it's all sulit bec. u have someone to share everything with. =p

 
At 7/12/2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

naku Dionne, I'm quite excited na rin to be Jason's wife. We've been dreaming about this for such a long time now, and 3 months nalang matutupad na yun hihihi.

 
At 7/13/2006 3:29 AM, Blogger Faye said...

hi, dionne! naku sinabi mo... ang daming discoveries. haha! kami nga ni irvin kahit almost 12 years mag-bf before getting married, may mga bagay pa rin na di ko nakita or napansin dati. :)

 
At 7/13/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Lea L. Atacador said...

before kami ikasal they would ask us.. "papasakal na kayo?" threat ba yun??? hindi naman daw sila bitter sa married life nila ano.. he he I love being married just like you maraming discoveries and excitement.. it may not be perfect pero yun nga yung challenge dun diba? hay... :)

 
At 7/14/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Rainier & Katrina said...

I agree! Sabi nga nila. Kahit na sobrang tagal na nga daw nyo, once na nakatira na kayo sa isang bubong may malalaman at malalaman ka na hindi mo alam about the person.

ingat! =p

 
At 7/15/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger dionne said...

malikot ka! =P

benj, one year pa po. haha!

che, oo nga eh. sana sans arguments. pero di maiiwasan buti na lang wala pa nun. =)

ann! lapit na kayo! i'm sure you'll be a great wife to jason. =)

right faye! pero grabe ah, 12 years! =D

yup lea, di nga perfect pero that makes it more fun. sana di tayo maging bitter (papasakal thingy). haha!

dulz, keri yan. one year pa. hahaha!

yup kaye. so far the discoveries are not that bad. hihi!

 
At 7/17/2006 6:18 PM, Blogger dionne said...

hi brian! thanks! so far so good. =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home