The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Delinquent Bloggers

We are.

Since January kicked in, we've both been busy. Well, Joven's mostly busy with work stuff while I am busy with mundane stuff.

So, here's a short recap of the things that happened in the past few days...


Saturday, January 6

Since I've been busy the past week, I decided to pick up my free spa gift certificate from Manila Bulletin Saturday morning. The contact person, Sarah, was nice enough to wait for us since it was already nearing lunch time. We almost got lost, thanks to the taxi driver who brought us to the Manila Times. Haha! Fortunately, Intramuros is small enough for us to find our way.

After, Joven and I plus my mom went to SM San Lazaro to watch Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo. The movie won over Shake Rattle and Roll 8. The movie was surprisingly funny although by the title alone, you'd expect it as mushy. All in all, I enjoyed the film because of Gina PareƱo. Hehe.


Sunday, January 7

With nothing better to do, Joven and I went to Tutuban Mall and 168 in Divisoria to shop. I was able to buy 2 blouses and a pair of pants in less than 30 minutes. Since we have time to kill, we went to 168 to see if there are anything we can get our hands on. After going around for almost an hour, we decided to buy DVDs. I bought an 8 animated movies in one CD and 8 action movies in one CD. I got lucky with the first one. The second one was a different story. Audio was terrible! Oh well, that's what we got because we only paid P75 for it. =P

Ang saya mag-Divisoria two weeks after the holidays. Konti lang tao! Hihi!


Monday, January 8

I was running like crazy in the office. I had four meetings with different groups. Kapagod! I missed one meeting because the previous meeting extended for over an hour. Haay. I had to have my boss attend on my behalf. He was nice enough to make notes. Hihi!


Tuesday, January 9

First day of my Spanish class. The teacher was early and the classroom was still half full when my friends and I got in. I kindda enjoyed it... sort of washed the anxieties away. It's actually easier to understand because of my background in French. I just hope it wouldn't be so difficult towards the end and the teacher would remain as nice as he is.


Wednesday, January 10

Big shout out to my sister: Happy Birthday Tita Dap! Hope you had a good one. See you on Saturday!

After work, Joven and I met at the MRT station to have dinner at Kalye Juan @ Tomas Morato. We're to meet SML sans Ryan (Cors, Benj, Beej & Richie) because he has a Baguio thingy. Richie will be leaving for the US next week and it won't be until summer of 2008 we'll get to see him again.



The night ended at Baang coffee (which we were not initially sure if it's Baang or BangBang. Haha!). According to Richie, the coffee's not "Wow!" but it's not bad also. I ordered a Chai Latte which for me was a bit sweet.

Conversation was from "What's new with you?" to "What's new with blah-blah?"

We had to end early because of work the following day.

Ingat Richie! See you soon!

Pics here.


Current

I'm busy reading Gap Creek by Robert Morgan. I got it in Booksale at a very reasonable price. I usually look for books that has the Oprah's Book Club seal because I usually end up liking the book - The Pilot's Wife, What Looks Like Crazy On An Ordinary Day, She's Come Undone and I Know This Much Is True - to name a few. This one, I can't put it down. I'm not finished though but I'm really enjoying every minute of it. Another great find for me. I have yet to devour Icy Sparks, House of Sand and Fog and The Poisonwood Bible. =)

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 9:59 PM, Blogger Faye said...

hi, dionne! naku ganun ata talaga pag tinatamad! well at least for me. lately sa sobra busy sa work, tinatamad talaga mag blog. haha!

re: irvin's pics, funny noh! hehehe! parang bata!

 
At 1/12/2007 7:31 AM, Blogger chuching said...

hi dionne! like faye and you, mejo nag hiatus ako from blogging. but i'm back!

natutuwa ako sayo. you know how to speak french and now you're learning spanish. that is one of my frustrations, to learn a new language. maybe i better start this year. i'm not getting any younger. baka sobrang matigas na ulo ko to learn any new words! :)

goodluck and happy new year!

 
At 1/12/2007 8:00 AM, Blogger benj said...

what? finished shopping in 30 mins? pede bang pakituruan mo si beej nyan?

 
At 1/12/2007 5:57 PM, Blogger Mik said...

waaa inggit ako, am still trying to find an org who can conduct distance learning type language classes so i can finish my french levels na and get started on spanish (too) hay AF here is no help lol
Daz was starting to consider the idea of sending me back to AFM for my last few levels but I don't think I'd like to be away that long. sigh.

 
At 1/13/2007 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren't we all.. delinquent in some way? hihi

good luck on your spanish :-) seeya 'round! :-D

*jeragorgeous*
http://jeragorgeous.multiply.com
http://www.xanga.com/violetfish

 
At 1/14/2007 12:28 PM, Blogger dionne said...

hi faye! kakatamad mag-blog lalo na after the holidays. dami din kasing eveents eh. =D

hi gracita! try to enroll if you have the time. sayang naman kasi eh. masaya mag-aral kasi kakaibang experience talaga. initially para kang bata kasi wala kang maintindihan. hehe!

hi benj! ahm... unique lang ata sakin talaga yun eh. hehe!

hi mik! i hope you can find an org to help you out in your French classes. sayang naman kasi. lalo na pag pupunta ka pa dito just for that. ako din i want to enroll in AF again. want to take DALF someday. haay. di bale i'll look for possible online courses. will inform you if ever. =)

hi jera! delinquent ka nga rin pala. hehe!

 
At 1/16/2007 10:25 PM, Blogger Mik said...

Dionne, found a site --CNED, looks ok haha will have to take the aptitude exam muna--same rin naman sa AFM magna9 years na kasi since my last formal lesson. Eh kahit level 10 na ako nun am sure iba na yung books and all that.

I've been (trying to) converse with our landlord's wife na lang --she's french and is nice enough to not cringe when I murder her langue maternelle lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home