The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Seasons of Love

Allow me to be nostalgic...

Last Saturday, we (with some frenchies) had a small get-together in honor of our two beloved friends, Tet and Lu. Both will be leaving this September to study in France. They'll be gone for about two years. I have been thinking about this for quite some time already because I know how much I will miss seeing them in the future get-togethers.

Almost four years ago, I studied French in the Institute. I initially did not plan to enroll since I just entered the office. But my ever so makulit officemate and eventually friend, Dulce, enticed me to enroll with her. Since I had nothing better to do and the classes were free anyway, I relented. I will never regret that decision.

With the two years we have been together in class, trying to decipher the language, learning the cultural nuances, living in Paris for a month, and countless experiences under our belt... the classmates I had eventually became my friends who will always be close to my heart.

Tet was our teacher (but she was the youngest in class!) for the first three consecutive semesters. Although she left the Institute for better opportunities, (which is very wise for her =D) we never lost touch. Whenever the frenchies have a get-together, we always make it a point to contact and invite her. Soon, the teacher-student relationship we had melted into friendship. What I like about Tet (even before she ceased to be our teacher) is that she never made us feel that she can never be our friend. She's such a comfortable person to be with, no pretensions, very down-to-earth and downright sensible. We'll miss you Tet! See you soon. =)

Lu and I have been classmates and seatmates since day 1 in our class, but, we always end up talking about French lessons and activities. Lu and I came to understand each other and became really good friends during our Paris walks. It was then when she told me that she dreams to study there. I told her that her dream is not far fetched. I'm very happy for her because not everyone gets to realize a dream, no matter how big or small it is. I will miss her in dinners, conversations, hallways, coffee and more. We'll visit you soon Lu. Hehe! Take care!

As mentioned, last Saturday we had our despedida for them. None of it was emotional. We're not like that. We love basking in the sun. We're happy people. This is a send off... to their dreams. We can never be happier for them.


click on the pic

"It's time now to sing out,
Tho' the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember a year in the life of friends
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Seasons of love!"

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger TetSy said...

thank you din talaga. i always have fun when i'm with you guys.

grabe na touch ako sa entry na 'to... i hope i'll be able to find good friends in europe...

anyway, merci mille fois et j'espere vous (joven et toi) revoir en europe un de ces jours. :D

 
At 8/17/2006 1:54 AM, Blogger slim whale said...

yes, seasons of love indeed. we will all "measure our lives in love."

tet, tu nous manqueras. n'oublies pas de nous envoyer des emails.

 
At 8/19/2006 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

waaahh i felt the same way when i left pinas, kakalungkot iwanan ang dear true friends..huhuhu namiss ko tuloy!

french?! my goodness, i've been thinking of enrolling myself until the time came na i need to put that on hold and focus on wedplans..hihihi

 
At 8/19/2006 4:22 AM, Blogger chuching said...

wow, you can speak french pala? i've always wanted to learn a new language, specifically french and spanish. until now, di ko pa nagagawa. one of these days, i hope i'll enroll myself to a language school :)

i love your post. look forward to the fact nalang that when you come and visit france, you have a friend you can visit and stay with.

 
At 8/21/2006 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dionne.

thanks for linking me here. i'll link you up too. always nice to know new cyber friends.

take care.

 
At 8/22/2006 8:20 AM, Blogger dionne said...

hi tet! de rien. we're happy being with you. i'm sure you'll have a great time in europe. we'll miss you! take care!

hi chris! back to the blogosphere eh? try getting wifi in the boondocks. hehe!

hi pobs! i was supposed to enroll for more french classes but like you wedpreps got in the way. anyway, i'm glad it did. hehe!

hi gracita! try getting yourself a new language. i too plan to enroll in spanish and french next year. haay. dunno lang kung makaya ng powers ko. =P

hi litzie! thanks for adding me up. see you around! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home