The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Friday, July 28, 2006

Sexist God?

Last night, I was lying in bed asking the sandman to sprinkle his magic sand onto me. Joven was already snoring lightly and I was left preoccupied with our conversation before he fell asleep. So, I decided to pray myself to sleep. I was praying hard, not only asking for sleep to come, but of the things that are happening to me and to us lately. (Happening to us? Well, nothing that bad really.)

I was in the middle of my prayer when I remembered one of the speakers in our precana seminar in UST. The speakers, who were a couple, told us that when women pray to Him, He listens but doesn’t give their requests immediately... sometimes, not at all. But when men pray to Him, He will give their requests immediately, without a doubt… and they say that that’s guaranteed. I was sitting there, grinding my teeth and hoping things will be over soon.

Why would they say that?? Did they really think that God is sexist?? Is that some kind of old, old, old church teaching nobody knows about?? Did the people from UST even review the contents of what the couple was teaching us?? Sheesh.

I sat there mum about what they were saying because I needed their signature on our church documents. I don’t want to argue… they’re older than me and because of that, I respect them. But I still couldn’t believe (until now) that they said what they said.

So, I continued to pray, until I fell asleep, to my God who I believe is not sexist at all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/29/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Beej said...

no, God is not sexist. and He answers prayers. :)

 
At 7/30/2006 8:48 PM, Blogger chuching said...

what?!? ngayon lang ako nakarinig ng ganyan. i DON'T and WON'T ever believe that God is sexist. that's just crazy.

keep on praying and continue believing! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home