The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Church Updates, Singers and Bridal March

Dulce, my officemate and friend, has been texting and calling Kuya Albert of the UST Campus Ministry since time immemorial. Ever since Dulce heard about our problem with the ceremony venue, she volunteered to help. Since she has a friend at the Campus Ministry, she said that we might be able to at least pencil book the church. After a number of phone calls, Kuya Albert finally convinced Sister Nida of Santisimo Rosario Parish Church to give us application forms to pencil book the church this early. Yey! Now all I have to do is to go there and fill it up myself.

Because of the four-day work week being implemented by the government, I finally had the chance to see Kuya Albert yesterday. I arrived a few minutes before he did. While waiting for him, I busied myself with the 2000 thomasian yearbook… trying to recognize people but to no avail. To think, I graduated a year earlier. Hmmm... When he arrived, he welcomed me with a smile. After a short chat, he accompanied me to see Sister Nida. On our way to the office, we took a peek inside the church. There was a wedding later that day so they were getting ready. He told me that that’s how things will look like when I get married. =) Sister Nida was very accommodating, unlike the last time I saw her. Hehe. She gladly gave us the form. She chatted with Kuya Albert while I was filling up the form. Since we will just pencil book the church, I was not required to pay anything. Sister Nida gave me a piece of paper indicating that she received our application form already. Yey!

Thanks Dulce and Kuya Albert! =)

There was just minor (major?) setback. Earlier that morning I heard from my sister that they don’t allow bridal marches with singers. My sister told me that it has to be instrumental only. I was already envisioning my bridal march with our favorite love song in the background… and I’m not getting this on my wedding day! What???!!! That's why I got the best band in town! I don’t see the point why they’re not allowing singers. =( Later on, I asked Sister Nida if it was true. Unfortunately, she said that it was. She told me that only in the processional that they don't allow it. For the rest of the mass, singers can sing mass songs and with the recessional, any song would be okay. She told me that maybe next year the parish priest would change his mind on this. Kuya Albert told me that maybe he can do something about that next year. I really hope so. It just saddens me whenever I remember that small detail. I know I should be happy because we are already sure of the church but… haay.

Church – Check2b!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5/01/2005 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurrah for dulce!

hmp.. if theres a will theres a way.. im sure pwede na yan next year =)

 
At 5/02/2005 7:18 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Hi dyonne!
Si Father James Alamillo ba officiating priest nyo? Kasi di ba sya ang parish priest ng UST. He was also the one who officiated our wedding. Sa Fernwood nga lang kaya siguro wala sya nagawa about the singer during the processional. Tsaka, wala naman siyang binigay na restrictions sa amin. He even stayed for the reception. Malay mo next year nga eh baka pwede na. Goodluck! Pagdasal mo na.

 
At 5/03/2005 9:10 AM, Blogger dionne said...

kakalungkot nga eh. haay, sana nga jera and leslie. thanks ah. i'll try negotiate with him. gagamitin ko mga natutunan ko dito sa training. baka pumwede next year. =)

 
At 5/03/2005 11:09 AM, Blogger jk said...

was wondering.. ano ung song na ipapakanta mo sana for the bridal march?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home