The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Fashion Flashback

Last Sunday, Joven and I, together with my mom, sister and nephew, went to my lola's 96th birthday (Happy Birthday Lola!). At her age, she has limited movements, she has problems hearing (which started a number of years back) and her memory fails her at times. Other than that, she does not have any health problems and she can still joke around. She even teased us about our gaining weight.

The Morales clan (which consists of my dad's sister, her two sons and their family... the rest of my dad's siblings and my cousins are scattered all over the world) rarely has reunions. We only have reunions during holidays. They learned about the engagement two months ago because my mom called her sister-in-law and told her. So, last Sunday was the first time they saw us together. Trying to scare him, they kept on teasing Joven about how bad a person I am. =)

I guess they were also excited about the wedding. Maybe because the last wedding here in the Philippines was in the late 90's pa. Joven and I were surprised when my tita brought out a 1966 bridal mag! Grabe! To my further surprise the gowns are in still fashion! My mom even showed us the gown my lola made for her when she got married. Joven was surprised to learn that my lola was a couturier before. Sayang she cannot make my gown na. We had fun looking at the different gowns and pointing out the similarities of the gowns then and the gowns we see at recent bridal mags. Nakakaaliw! They let me keep the 1966 bridal mag. I plan to keep it and show it my children when they choose their own bridal gown. Hehe! Sana may contest ng oldest bridal mag... sali ako! =)

BTW, we have finally set a meeting with Threelogy on Friday. Yipee!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4/12/2005 12:05 PM, Blogger weng said...

couple of years ago, i spent hours browsing the internet for a wedding dress that would look like second skin on me. found one... oh well, that's how far the story goes.

i have the gown and the memory of a forever i cannot have. happy for you sister!

=D

 
At 4/13/2005 12:05 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Hey dyonne!
Astig naman, Vintage bridal magz!
Preserve mo yan ha.

 
At 4/13/2005 11:14 PM, Blogger Aggie said...

Hay naku, I want 50s dresses kaya! Super collectors' item yan! Alagaan ha :) Btw, anong link mo ba? Dyon and Marga or Dionne and Joven? Hehee...Sorry, ni-uupdate ko kasi links ko eh, napansin ko di pa kita ni-add :)

 
At 4/14/2005 7:54 AM, Blogger dionne said...

hi weng! thanks sis! in God's time. =)

hi leslie! kakaaliw nga eh. thanks for dropping by. =)

hi aggie! dionne and joven. natawa ko kasi dyon and marga, ako lahat yun eh. hehe. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home