The Couple

  dionne
  joven

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Amused

I was on my way to our office on the 5th floor from the 14th when the elevator doors opened. Two colleagues from the Department came in. D lightly touched my tummy (to my surprise!) and said, "Pregnant ka na?" What the?!! I answered in an amused tone. "I just gained weight!" Realizing her booboo, she jumped up and hugged me, "Sooorry! You got married na kasi eh." To which I retorted, "It doesn't follow, noh!" We ended up laughing in the lift.

I was not the very least angry nor annoyed. I was amused. Very amused. I couldn't believe that some people are like that... just plain tactless. She even touched my tummy, mind you! Sheesh, I ask permission from pregnant women before I touch their tummy! I think it's only polite to ask. It's still a body part and a sensitive body part at that. Nakakaaliw lang. =P

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 10:02 PM, Blogger Yax said...

dionnnie!!! pregnant ka na???? heheheh. ;)

mis u guys!

 
At 8/30/2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Faye said...

that's funny! yeah that's what they expect when you get married. buti na lang sport ka. :)

 
At 8/31/2006 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dionne. My tummy became a hand magnet when I got pregnant, no asking for my permission whatsoever...lol. It was weird but I got use to it.

 
At 8/31/2006 11:06 PM, Blogger slim whale said...

you're in the philippines, what do you expect? people here comment about how many pounds you've gained in much the same way they comment about the weather. and then they proceed to tell you that you look terrible, are you on drugs?

 
At 9/02/2006 8:35 AM, Blogger alynn said...

hahaha, that's funny...ako din lagi tinatanong dito e...isip ko pag nagkababy na kaya kmi, ano naan ask nila...hayyy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home